Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reading Diary Assessment

Reading Diaries have been very useful for me.  After doing two weekly, I have gotten very used to them.  They are a lot faster now to complete than they were at the start of the semester.  It gives me the opportunity to take notes on the reading assignments for the week.  I make sure to type out all of the useful information from the chapter.  Typically, I choose a favorite character or two from the reading that day.  This is the style I have used from the start.  I write about the character and really try to get to know them.  I try to find emotions, characteristics, looks, and actions from the character.  This is useful because it allows me to look back when I have forgotten information.  I also use the reading dairies to write my storytelling post for the week.  The reading diaries are a great assistant for that assignment.  I switch off writing my story based off the reading diary a and reading diary b.  For me, that is when the reading diaries are most useful.  I think my reading diary lengths are perfect for my needs.  I do not typically include images in my diary post because I do not think that would be beneficial for me personally.  I also do not include quotes from the reading even though I think that is a good idea.  I have only had to miss one reading diary post this entire semester.  Overall, the reading diaries have been a great addition to this class.  I remember a lot of the readings from this class because of them.  I feel like I will try to incorporate reading diaries for my future classes.  I think it could be useful for classes other than this one next semester.  Reading diaries can be a good study tool for tests.         

No comments:

Post a Comment